The Stadio delle Alpi in Turin has an an elliptical plan, three orders of stands disposed along the major sides of the stadium leaving two openings on the centerline of the curves.
The roof panels are supported by columns anchored to the ground and joined with a ring of six steel cables. The coverage of the curves consists in a Teflon membrane and a steel cable structure.
The cover system adopted for the construction of the new stadium in Turin is essentially made of:
- a plane radial tensile structure
- a inner cable ring of contrast
- two hyperbolic cable networks
- A cable-stayed anchorage system
- A gravity foundation system